Thursday, May 15, 2008

Well that was a hell of a ride.

The semester is now over, the campus is empty, and I have a brief respite until the 27th of this month until I start the summer session. Finals were incredible, but a little stressful. I studied a lot, both on my own, and more importantly, with a close group of classmates. Here are the results, as I know them…

My final English paper came back with a 95/100, my best grade for the class. I won’t find out how I did on the final for another week or so. Difficult as this class has been for me, I’m registered to take English 122, in the fall, with the same professor. Professor Feldmar may be strict and demanding, but I have found that I like the challenges she provides. I look forward to further hard work, and literary growth, in her fall class.

My grade in Pre-Algebra, before I took the final was 97.6%. I will have to wait for the final grade in this class as well. I, as well of the rest of the “Old Folks Home” will be taking 090 with Professor O’Rieley in the fall. We’re just waiting to find out what his schedule will be.

As for Psychology, my final test was an A, and the final grade for the class was also an A. Unfortunately, Prof. Nader isn’t scheduled to teach 122 for the foreseeable future, but I have asked for his suggestions as to whom I should take. As for Earl, I’m going to miss him. I’ve grown used to his behavior, and I find myself actually hoping I have him in another class in the future. Yes, he’s an uber-dork, but I have become accustomed to his, how shall I say, “quirky” style of comporting himself. Earl is many things, but I have come to learn that he is determined to better himself through education. As I am doing the same thing, I can’t really fault him. It’s interesting to finally be able to see that little sameness between us. On the other hand, I did not start singing the theme song to Star Wars upon receiving my final grade. I found it an appropriate parting gift from Earl.

I will be attending the summer session. I am registered for an Intro to Law class, and depending on my work schedule, I might add a communication class to the roster as well. Yes, Introduction to Law. Yes, I have a job. Both issues will be addressed in different postings.

I have also been extremely busy, outside of finals, for the past couple of weeks with work, a free trip to Las Vegas, and political activism. All of which will also be covered in future blog postings.

Good bye for now, but be prepared, as I will be prattling on in many updates over the next few days. Brace your in-boxes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the great test results.

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of your First Semester and I know you are!! That first one back is the hard one and you have done an excellent job of keeping up with the classes, it's the only way to get the grades you have.