
This WTF moment I’m going to tell you about happened a few months ago, when the temperatures in Denver were still on the colder side.
I was in the campus library, in the middle of the day, hanging out with a friend of mine (when I should have been studying), when nature called. I made my way to the bathroom, and once there, I began to take care of business.
At this point, it’s important to note the Auraria campus library is a popular site for some of Denver’s less fortunate. When the weather becomes cold, some of our homeless citizens take shelter in the campus library. As far as I know, there has never been an issue with this, as they make use of the facility in the same way the students do: they hang out, read, and enjoy the warm shelter.
Now, that having been said, I was not prepared for, nor did I enjoy the interaction that took place in the restroom.
So, there I was, at the urinal, and this man stepped up to the urinal next to me. I assumed that he was there to answer nature’s call as well. As it turns out, that’s not what he was there for. As opposed to relieving his bladder, he instead asked me for some money.
Money? Are you kidding me?!? For the love of God man, I was peeing! What the hell am I going to do? I was busy there! I was trying to focus! That was a serious violation of the bathroom etiquette, to say nothing of man rules! That was not okay! You never, never, talk to another guy, you don't know, in the restroom, especially while they are peeing!
No comments:
Post a Comment