Okay, so here’s the deal. I’ve decided to continue with classes this semester. No matter what I decide to do, scholastically, these are basic pre-requisite classes that will be needed for virtually any degree I wish to pursue. I’m registered and the classes are paid for. I still have to find out how brutally I’m going to get raped on books, but hopefully not too bad.The way I look at it, is that I have the next several months to research other schools (both public and private) that offer the Radiology program, if they also have waiting lists (and how long they are), and sign up to shadow a Radiology Tech. It’s possible that I may not be able to start any Radiology program this fall, no matter what.
That having been said, I may also discover that this degree is not something I want to pursue, whether it’s available to me or not. I may decide to change directions again, who knows?
The future of my life lays open and undecided ahead of me, and there’s no way to know for sure what direction it will go. I’m excited and nervous (as hell!) for what is yet to come. I’m becoming a student again, and I don’t know how that will play out (algebra is the devil incarnate). I will have to figure out how to survive financially, with all the expenses that come with being an adult without a full time job, and not an 18 year old who has his parents picking up the tab for life.
At the end of the day, I know that no matter what I decide, I will figure out a way to make it happen.
5 comments:
love the photo...Mike, it is awesome. Good luck this semester. Lots of books can be purchased second hand. And then sold back at the end of the semester. Have faith! And while you are there, be open to new possibilites...
Mike-
I love the blog...especially the honesty of your present struggle. Just remember that struggle isn't bad and sometimes neccessary for change. And I trust in your case what's around he corner will be worth the present discomfort. I do think you have a talent and passion for the photography, have you ever thought about something in that area?
If all else fails, try the rocking chair test...imagine yourself as an old man (Okay older than now :)) sitting in your rocking chair near the end of your time on this planet, what would you say to Mike of today to do with his life so that there was no regrets.
Remember that in order to grow one must be willing to be uncomfortable, I'm guessing right about now you are growing out your a$$. Good luck and know you have tons of support.
Mike,
Thanks very much for sharing. You are one of the most positive people I know. For that reason, I know it will all work out. It just will.
Love to see the pictures of you and I especially loved the picture of Pat and Jack.
Take care and keep the faith...
Good luck with your upcoming semester! Just remember that you are in a good spot to be a student with minimal bills and rent. Take your time and maybe other opportunities will open up to you...
Melissa and Ainsley
Sorry to hear about the "list"- but loved your blog- How about a
career in computers??
Love, Linda
Post a Comment